Phone Setup | FreePBX
In this guide we will be setting up a Fanvil IP phone on the FreePBX system; other phones like Polycom, SNOM, Yealink, and Grandstream will be similar.
1. Factory Reset your Phone!
Make sure the phone restarts to its default settings, because we do not want to reach out to another PBX system.
2. Log in to your FreePBX Server
3. Applications > Extensions
Go to the "Extensions" page:
4. Edit the Extension
If you need to add a new extension, click here to see the tutorial.
5. Copy the Password
Under General, copy the
- We do not recommend changing this password to something easier, as this allows hackers to easily access your extension to make fraudulent calls. If your extension is compromised, please update this password right away and make it very complex.
Set up the IP Phone
1. Open the GUI for the IP Phone
You can access the phone GUI by typing in the phone's IPv4 address in your browser. If you do not know the phone's IP address, it can usually be found in the phone's network settings or with a network scan.
2. Log in to the IP Phone
Enter the default login and password for the phone; you can search for the default password for your phone online.
- We recommend changing your default password on the phone to help secure your phone and phone system.
3. IP Phone setup
- Once you are logged in to Fanvil go under "SIP" then "Line"
- Make sure the user is active
- Use your extension number as the
- Set the
Display Name to the extension's name
- Set the
Server Address to the public IP address of the FreePBX
- Set the
Authentication Password to the
Secret from the extension on FreePBX
- Apply the settings
4. Make some test calls!
If you need help configuring your trunk or inbound numbers check out the guides below! More Voxtelesys Portal Guides here!
For more FreePBX Guides, click here!