FreePBX: Initial Installation
What you need to install FreePBX software:
- Physical hardware or virtual machine.
- A copy of the FreePBX ISO (can download via link in video description).
1. Boot your ISO FreePBX
Choose FreePBX 14 Installation (Asterisk 13).
2. Choose Graphical Installation - Output to VGA
3. Choose FreePBX Standard
4. Enter a root password
5. When FreePBX is done installing, remove the installation download. Select
root in the FreePBX login field, and enter the password you chose during the installation.
Enter under the IP Address assigned to your machine.
8. Go to a computer connected to the same local network as your PBX account. Enter the IP Address in the address bar.
9. Enter a username, password, and email on the FreePBX admin page. Select
Create Account when finished.
You will be redirected to the FreePBX landing page.
10. Select the FreePBX Administration option.
11. Enter your username and password.
13. Next, you will create a Sangoma profile account.
Fill in the email address, name, and password of your choosing.
14. Select an option that best describes you in the drop-down menu. Make sure to check the box next to ‘I agree to the terms and conditions.’ Then select
15. Fill in the Location Name with the name of your choosing. Select
Skip on the pop-up.
17. Choose the time zone for your region.
Abort on the firewall activation page.
19. You will be directed to the FreePBX dashboard. Select
Apply Config to ensure all changes are saved.
20. To get a static IP address, which is recommended, hover over the admin menu, and select
System Admin from the drop-down.
21. Go to the Network settings. Under IP assignment, select the static button, and enter the static IP address.
Save and Apply
23. Enter the static IP address
Apply Config to save changes.
If you have any questions, contact Support at Voxtelesys.