ATA Setup: Grandstream HT801 to Hosted 3CX
This method is no longer working with the newer 3CX systems (V18+), an SBC is required for faxing to work properly
In this guide we will show you how to connect your Grandstream ATA to a cloud/hosted instance of 3CX. This method will use G.711 as your faxing method which is supported on Voxtelesys SIP.
- Note: for fax machines over SIP it is recommended to lower the BAUD rate on the fax machine. Try BAUD rate at 9600 bps or even lower at 7200 bps.
1. Log in to ATA Device
- If you do not know the IP address of the ATA, you can plug in an analog phone and dial
***02 and it will play back the IP address.
2. Select FXS Port
3. Fill in Data
Primary SIP Server:
Your 3CX Static IP
- Must be a static IP address.
SIP User ID:
3CX Extension number
- 3CX ID and Password can be found under the extension > Phone Provisioning
Enter in Grandstream ATA/GUI:
4. Fill in Data (continued)
Enable Feature Settings:
5. "Apply" settings on Grandstream ATA
For more ATA Guides, click here!
For Voxtelesys Portal Guides, click here!