Peering is the direct interconnection between Voxtelesys's network and your network to support the exchange of traffic. Networks peer to gain a plethora of economic, performance and traffic control benefits.
Benefits to Peering:
- Increased redundancy - by reducing dependence on upstream transit providers.
- Elevated capacity for extremely large amounts of traffic - distributing traffic across many networks.
- Expanded routing control.
- Improved performance - attempting to bypass potential bottlenecks with a "direct" path.
Settlement-Free Interconnection (SFI) Policy
In SFI peering, neither party pays the other in association with the exchange of traffic; instead, each derives and retains revenue from its own customers.
Prerequisites to Peer with Voxtelesys:
Before submitting a peering request to email@example.com, your network administration must:
- Have a publicly routable ASN and IPv4 address space.
- Have your ASN record filled in commonly-recognized industry registry: PeeringDB
- Maintain up-to-date 24x7 NOC contact information.
- Agree to not point static and/or default routes maliciously.
- Presence in at least one (IXP) internet exchange point or private peering interconnection facility listed for Voxtelesys in PeeringDB.
- Give Voxtelesys notification of maintenance and outages.