5 Auto Dialer Campaign Ideas to Improve Customer Satisfaction
Customer experience and satisfaction are by no means new ideas, but maintaining happy customers and encouraging return business is more important than ever in today’s economy. It is typically about 6-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than to retain an existing one. This translates into real cost savings for businesses that use auto dialer campaigns as part of their customer satisfaction process.
You don’t have to look far to find ways of implementing customer retention strategies. In fact, if you’re already using an auto dialer to schedule outbound calling campaigns for sales activities and lead qualifying, you have all the tools you need to get started.
1. Follow up with reminders and instructionsThe conclusion of a sale may be the end-point of the transaction from your company’s point of view, but for the consumer it may be only the beginning of their relationship with your brand. Do you have an online manual or an FAQ? Does a customer need to register before using your product or service? Consider the “next steps” that a customer needs to take to become a fully engaged and satisfied user, and then reach out to offer an easy path to completing those steps.
2. Proactively troubleshoot problems before they occurIf a significant number of inbound helpdesk or support calls center on resolving common troubleshooting scenarios, you can reduce the number of calls you receive by proactively reaching out to customers to see if they need help. The vast majority of calls to recent customers are likely to uncover no active issues, but the simple show of concern will likely improve any customers’ perception of your brand. Those who were initially satisfied may be motivated to evangelize your brand, telling others about the positive experience, whereas providing an easy way to resolve a problem might halt the churn of an unsatisfied customer. Remember, only 1 out of 26 unsatisfied customers will actually complain to you about their experience; the rest simply leave.
3. Upsell and cross-sell additional products and servicesNot only does an auto dialer campaign enable you to catch potential problems before they escalate, but it also allows you to capitalize on post-sale satisfaction and continue selling to your most loyal base. A customer who is pleased with a product or service is far more likely to consider an upgrade or the purchase of a companion/accessory product or service, particularly when the positive association is still top of mind.
4. Solicit feedbackFeedback on any experience, positive or negative, is always valuable. When leveraged as actionable insights, customer comments can provide a roadmap to improvements in processes and developments that can increase customer satisfaction down the road. Agents can administer a simple set of questions over the phone, an automated IVR solution can capture responses, or you can direct customers to an online survey.
5. Incentivize referrals to generate new leadsYou can capitalize on word-of-mouth referrals from satisfied customers by turning their natural inclination to share a positive experience (72% of satisfied customers will tell 6 or more people) into actions that result in leads. Offering a trackable referral discount, coupon code or “friends” promotion can tap into a source of new business while continuing to generate good will and positive brand perception.
Analysts anticipate that by 2020 customer experience will eclipse both price and product as the key brand differentiator for consumers. You can get in front of this trend and position your business as a customer experience leader using auto dialer technology that may already be playing an important role in your contact center. Start Dialing about auto dialers and the cost-saving benefits they have to offer.